Careers at Candor
Join our growing team! Please inquire below for more information.
We are looking for freelance writers to grow our network of talented creatives to support our expanding client base. Assignments typically include blog posts, thought leadership articles, ebooks, search-optimized web copy and other content for Candor clients.
Exceptional writing skills (writing samples required), experience in marketing our journalism, working knowledge of SEO.
We offer favorable flat-rate compensation for freelancers unless alternative rates are negotiated. Please inquire for specifics.
Candor's Strategic Account Managers are our in-house relationship experts and client marketing consultants. They function as a unit with the other members of our Client Operations team. Each team member “owns” several accounts, acting as a dedicated point of contact and internal advocate for our clients. They also agilely perform functions related to content marketing strategy, relationship management, and marketing systems according to their expertise.
You will be expected to manage the following for each assigned account:
- Client communications — replying promptly and conscientiously to client emails, comments, and messages; setting appropriate expectations and boundaries; identifying upsell opportunities or signs of churn; and fostering positive overall relationships
- Running client syncs — preparing meeting agendas, capturing action items, and scheduling action items
- Project management — including scheduling client projects, assigning work to the internal team, communicating considerations to stakeholders, and maintaining work trackers
- Proofreading and delivering content such as blog posts, web pages, ebooks, and data reports
- Compiling resources and noting feedback related to client projects, competitors, goals, etc.
- Executing basic content strategy exercises, including keyword research and topic brainstorming
- Publishing blog content via client CMS platforms, including HubSpot, WordPress, and Contentful
- Deploying weekly update emails via HubSpot that share key stats and upcoming milestones
- Compiling reports that outline program performance, using tools such as Google Analytics, Ahrefs, and HubSpot
You will also be asked to handle the following role-specific responsibilities:
- Designing full-funnel inbound content plans
- Auditing client SEO performance and consulting on best practices
- Writing abstracts for various forms of content, including search-optimized blog posts, ebooks, data reports, and surveys
- Preparing survey questionnaires and strategy outlines for clients
- Analyzing survey results using dynamic dashboards in Pollfish
- Hosting content theme development sessions with clients
- Conducting interviews with subject-matter experts
- Coordinating content brainstorms with the broader team
- Drafting strategic briefs for content writers
- 2+ years experience in a professional role and comfort navigating the corporate space
- Working knowledge of search engine optimization and content marketing fundamentals
- Confidence with short-form writing and understanding of long-form content structure
- Aptitude for relationship management and project management
- Exemplary organization and time management skills
- Fluency in G-Suite and assured in learning new programs
- Comfort and confidence in spellchecking between 1,000-4,000 words of content per day
- Someone who is able to work in front of a computer screen and type for the majority of the business day
- Someone who is capable and confident in performing phone calls on behalf of Candor
- Someone who is available to work Monday through Friday during standard business hours in a U.S. timezone (PT/MT/CT/ET)
- Someone who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident who is legally allowed to work in the U.S.
Preference for candidates with:
- Experience in the B2B technology space (or a passion for emerging technologies)
- Experience in digital marketing and publishing environments like WordPress, HubSpot, etc.
- Experience with customer relationship management software like HubSpot CRM or Salesforce
- Proficiency in web-based project management software like Asana, Monday.com, Wrike, or similar
How to Apply:Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Strategic Account Manager Position." Please include a single PDF of your cover letter and resume, along with three professional references (Note: We will not contact your references without alerting you first).
Candor is a content marketing firm that helps B2B tech companies fuel their inbound engine. We’re a passionate team of content strategists, technology writers, and brand journalists, whose mission is to produce clear, compelling content that informs, educates, and inspires. We use the power of narrative storytelling to help companies connect with their target audiences in deep and meaningful ways.
We are growing fast and looking to hire talented team members who want to take the next step in their careers. We offer competitive salaries, healthcare an dental benefits, 401K access, unlimited PTO, and a fun, supportive remote work environment that caters to the creative professional.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Candor is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Candor makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Looking for your next move?
Reach out! Contact our team at email@example.com.